Friday, June 03, 2005

Day 3 - Albany, OR to Lynden, WA

Getting out of Oregon went very quickly. Portland was a breeze to get through.

Getting through Tacoma/Seattle and that area was a drag. I thought we had left the crowd behind when we left San Franciso but I guess I was wrong. We probably spent 2 hours in the mess. Once we got through the Seattle area it was smooth going.

Craziest sight was a couple Harley riders with ape hanger handlebars. When I first saw them I couldn't really figure out what I was seeing from a distance. These guys had their hands WAY up in the air. You could do pullups on those handlebars!

Walt took us on a little tour to Stanwood where he spent some time growing up. We took the back way through the old farms in the area to hook back up with I-5. The highway from Stanwood to just outside Bellingham is very beautiful. (Can't stop on the highway to get pictures!) One of the farms had miniture horses for sale. We startled a herd of 10-15 in the pasture and the ran away from road.

We ended up in Lynden. Lynden is a very clean, manicured, Dutch town. Look at the pictures of the KOA campground pictures. It has a pond and putting green lawns. We took a little ride through the downtown area. Lots stuff for the antique and crafty types.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, according to Don, Walt has not grown up, so I don't get that statement. Maybe you meant, where Walt spent a part of his childhood?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home